September 4th was Beyoncé Giselle Knowles Carter’s birthday and with the outpouring of birthday wishes and support from her family and friends, she set out to express gratitude through a yoga pose which was captured with the caption “Thank y’all so much for my birthday wishes,”
Image source: youtube still
Which yoga pose was that?
Chakrasana- Wheel pose
Benefits of Chakarasana Wheel Pose
- Lengthens the spine
- Strengthens the shoulders wrists and opens the hip flexors
- It opens the heart chakra, allowing more air into the lungs and strengthens the core muscles.
- Wheel pose enhances the nervous system and gets the blood flowing throughout the body.
- It mends a broken heart by keeping the heart chakra open and flowing.
- It connects us to our loved ones, our planet and our emotions; related to compassion, love, joy, happiness, kindness, and giving. It keeps positive thoughts towards oneself and others continuous.
- The muscles on the front part of the thighs are stretch and the calves are strengthening while doing and holding the pose. This will also help to strengthen the leg muscles.
- This pose is extremely beneficial for those who sit long hours in front of the desk or computer as they usually hunch over the desk all day long.
- The backward bend in the pose will relieves tension or stress from the body and help in decreasing the ailments arising out of it. This pose will also help in toning and strengthening the entire back muscles.
~Peace and Love~
About the Author:
Giesel was born and raised in Dangriga Town in Belize, Central America and is now a Houston, Texas based yoga instructor with a passion for holistic health and nutrition, and self-acceptance.
On her journey to share her passions through yoga, Giesel incorporates her Garifuna and Creole culture, yoga philosophy, and awareness to attain self-love.
Giesel specializes in Vinyasa Krama Yoga, which is a flowing sequence of asanas linked by breath and intention.
She is a registered member of the National Association of Certified Yoga Teachers
Let’s get connected