- 1 cauliflower, large
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 can black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Trim leaves from cauliflower & remove the core, then cut into medium, even-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet heat oil & saute cauliflower 1-2 minutes, then remove cauliflower.
- To the skillet add onion & cook to soften.
- Add water & lemon juice to skillet, then bring to boil.
- Return cauliflower to skillet & cook until tender.
- Remove cauliflower to serving dish, then add tomato paste to liquid in the skillet, boiling to reduce.
- Pit olives, then chop them roughly & add to the skillet.
- Pour heated sauce over cauliflower & sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.